This post goes out to my brother, Mike: I saw this video at work the other day and laughed until I almost vomited a little bit. For those of you who don’t appreciate the finer points of Weird Al…well, you need to watch this video anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw
White and nerdy…classic.
My favorite part is Donny Osmond dancing in the background.
Hilarious.
I know it is juvenile, silly and all the other things you want to say about it, but, seriously, it is funny.
Trust me.
You know, there isn’t anything wrong with being a little bit silly from time to time. It isn’t that bad to be silly most of the time.
When I found a male coworker used to be a cheerleader…sorry, I mean ‘yell leader’, my other coworkers and I got a picture of a cheerleader (female) and ‘photoshopped’ a picture of his head onto it and hung it up in the lab. This was complimented by a set of biohazard pom-poms, of course.
Is that childish?
Another coworker of mine logged onto his computer today and found his background on his desktop changed to a lovely rendition of a purple setting and a beautiful unicorn rearing majestically. Priceless.
Stupid, right?
Or maybe it is so funny that you don’t even know!
Think about it.
I really like abstract things—for some reason, they make me laugh. True, it doesn’t make sense, but that doesn’t matter. I can’t quite describe it, because not every abstract thing makes me laugh. It has to have some kind of intelligence, I guess. Or maybe not.
That is why I like the Simpsons and Futurama. Just clever little, stupid, abstract things.
And so, to finish this abstract post off, here are some of my favorite quotes from The Simpsons and from Futurama:
“Wait! But existing is basically all I do!” –Fry
“Well, if we both agree that it’s dishonest, then why are we arguing?” –Homer
“My only regret…is that…I have boneitis.” –1980’s dude
“Oh why, why, WHY didn’t I break his legs?” –Professor Farnsworth
“Help me, Jebus!” –Homer
“You tried your hardest, and you failed miserably! The lesson is: never try.” –Homer
“Wait a minute! That things huge! There’s no way I can swallow that thing!
“Good news! It’s a suppository.” –Professor Farnsworth
“Wait, so they’re trying to learn stuff?”
“Yes.”
“Oh, I’m as mad as I’ve ever been!” –Fry
“Marge,Marge! The doll’s trying to kill me and the toaster’s been laughing at me….” –Homer
“I’ve gone back to the time when dinosaurs weren’t just confined to zoos!” –Homer
“Bender, Bender! Wake-up!”
“What?”
“You were having a dream about destroying all humans!”
“Oh, whatever Fry! I would never dream about something like that. Now let me get some more sleep…zzz…hey baby! Wanna destroy all humans?” -Bender